How to support your local Parish Church
Within the Parish of Newbattle, we are committed to providing a credible Christian presence within the communities of Newbattle, Newtongrange, Mayfield, Easthouses and Gowkshill. This involves offering worship, Christian teaching and faith nurture (Bible Study, The Reading Group and Alpha Course), prayer plus the opportunity to encounter the mystrery of the God who made us and loves us.
Along with a credible Christian presence is practical Christian service through many groups and activities such as Newtongrange Storehouse, Jelly Tots, Parents & Toddlers, Sunday Scub, Messy Church, Girls' Bridage (two companies), Tuesday Coffee Morning, Tuesday Travellers, Wednesday Friendship Group, The Guild and Men's Fellowship, not to mention pastoral care (especially during tough times), and baptism and blessing, weddings and funerals,
All these activites and more cost money. There are staff who have to be paid, buildings that need to be insured and maintained not to mention the escellating costs of heating and light. We receive no government support and are funded only by occastional donations and the regualr giivng of friends and members. Payment of the Ministry Team is generiously supported by the Church of Scotland and the Presbytery of Lothian.
How to Donate to Newbattle Parish Church
1. If you are a UK tax payer
By completing a gift aid form (available in all churches or from Alan Marshall) you will be allocated a code (either a number or letter). This will then enable us to claim a further 25% back from the government on any donations you make.
You can then donate by either;
1. Weekly donations. You will be given a box of white envelopes with your allocated code. They are dated for each week of the year and you can use these to make donations
2. Standing Order. By completing a standing order form (available in the churches or from Alan Marshall) we will take a regular payment from your account (value determined by you) and with the allocated code given will then be able to claim back the tax
3. Ad hoc donations. For any ad hoc donations (eg gift day, for a specific fund, use of halls etc) we can still claim tax if you indicate the tax code that you have been given. Any cheques should be made payable to “Newbattle Parish Church”
2. If you are not a UK tax payer
You can then donate by either;
1. Weekly donations. Due to a new scheme from the government, if the monies donated do not include any notes larger than £20 then we will still be able to claim some monies from the government on these donations at no cost to you.
2. Standing Order. By completing a standing order form (available in the churches or from Alan Marshall) we will take a regular payment from your account (value determined by you) .
3. Ad hoc donations. Any cheques should be made payable to “Newbattle Parish Church”
3. If you shop on the internet (THIS WILL COST YOU NOTHING)
If you shop on line then you could be making money for the church for free!!!!
You could get a percentage of whatever you buy on line donated by the retailer to the church – it literally takes 5 minutes to set up and then shopping is the same as before. Retailers include Boots, Argos, Amazon, M&S, PC World, Tesco Direct and many more.
All you need to do is visit a website called www.easyfundraising.org.uk and follow the following steps;
Every time you then shop on line you need to just do the following;
If you have any queries about making donations then feel free to contact Tracy Teasdale
| Printable Version|